So you’re looking forward to be a Android App Developer and wonder why is it a good career option? This is your read. According to a recent job survey, there is a rise of 40 percent in job openings for Android developers. Due to this rise in the demand of android developers, a bunch IT training institutes across the city are introducing dedicated curriculum and classes for Android app development courses. One of these institute can be your temple of education if you’re looking forward to a promising career in android application development.
Android is one of the most used operating system in tablets and smart phones today. Due to this rise in its usability and high selling of Android based mobile devices, demand of android app developers has also gone up. The major reason for this, are the amazing features, apps, and games made available to the user on android platform. So if you love all those apps and games on your phone and wonder how it works, then this could be a cool career option for you.
Lets take a look at some statistics that can hep you better with your decision:
Android was born in between 2005-2006 and later brought into existence in 2007 by Google and since then its growing at a faster pace. Today, every other phone is running on android platform. Every 6 out of 10 mobile devices are found to be android based devices. Presently, ac market Android holds 49% of the total market share which shows that there are around 180 million Android smartphones in the market.
Let’s see what are the key areas in Android development where you can get your hands on:
1. GUI Designing
2. Application Programming
4. Mobile Game Developer
5. Android Mobile Application Project Manager
What you need to know before you start:
1. Java Programming Language: Android Development lives with and dies without Java. It’s surely not a tough programming language to learn if you know some coding basics.
2. XML: Xml is used for declare UI elements in android apps. Also, it has been widely used with other programming languages too. Knowing XML can make your job a lot easier here.
3. Development Environment: This is where app development tools comes into play. Eclipse is one such tool which is widely used by android app developers and also recommended by top Android development companies. You will also need to setup Android SDK before you start coding. The best part here is that you can find a single package easily online that includes everything you need for android development.
Some quick points why Android App Development is a hot career option:
1. Good Pay Scale
2. Fastest growing mobile platform
3. A lot of career growth
4. Get to work with top Android Development Company
5. You can freelance anytime.